I had a long day today, and then I came home and checked out the blog world to cheer me up and found something! Karen at Just Me and My Running Shoes gave me the "Stylish Blogger Award". Thank you so much Karen! You guys need to read her blog. She's super inspiring and loves all things Disney just like me. Thanks Karen for always encouraging me with my running and congrats on finishing your first full marathon! Yay!
Here are the Rules for the Stylish Award:
-Make this a post and link back to the person who gave the award to you
-Share 7 things about yourself
-Award 5 great bloggers.
-Contact the bloggers to tell them they've won!
Well let's start with 7 things:
- I love the water so much I should be a fish. I was on swim team my whole life, lifeguarded every summer since I was old enough, and teach swim lessons all the time. I grew up in Florida, and am definitely a florida girl. There's nothing better than a day on a sailboat or a nice swim.
- I have the worlds best family. I have two amazing parents who are still together and a younger brother(19) and sister(17). My parents are the most supportive amazing parents you could wish for. My dad is always coming up with crazy stories and is one of the smartest people I know. My mom is basically a hero. She inspires me everyday and is always there for me no matter what. She's also my running partner :) My brother is like a little kid. He loves legos and remote control cars and really brings out the 5 year old in everyone. My sister ashley is just a nut. She's a blast to be around and really breaks me out of my shell. I love goofing off with her
|My sister and I being goofy...again|
- I love adventures! Anything new and exciting is my type of thing. I'm not the kind of girl that likes to go on vacation and lay out. Exploring is where it's at.
|Repelling in Puerto Vallarta|
|Playing with Tigers|
- I'm all about Disney. I love all things Disney, but especially the parks. When we lived in Florida I used to sing and dance on stage in tomorrowland and it really got me excited about the magic of the parks. My dream job would be to work there programming rides or making the park more magical. If you ever need inside tips about Disney, I'm definitely your girl.
|Cam making me laugh as usual|
- I really believe in the opposites attract theory. My boyfriend and I couldn't be anymore different. He is a guy's guy, super athletic, charismatic, can talk his way out of anything and can make friends anywhere. He loves watching movies and relaxing. I'm pretty shy, not coordinated in any way, book smart but terrible with common sense, and so ADHD. I cannot sit still for more than 30 minutes and love to go do active things. But we are a great balance and we both admire the differences in each other so it just works.
- I'm incredibly forgetful. Like wait five minutes and I'll lose something I promise. Just call me Dory.
- Obviously I'm an asthmatic, but I don't say much about life before running. I always had asthma, but it wasn't a huge issue until late high school when I was forced to quit swim team because I had an attack at every meet that year. Still, aside from occasional bad days, I managed. Then last fall things got really bad for me. I was sick more than I was well and missed a ton of class. My grades dropped and I was miserable. I never felt like myself. It wasn't a life. One day I went to the doctor and cried and told him I had to find something to make it better. He doubtfully suggested running, because if my body could no longer handle competitive swimming, much easier on the lungs, running didn't look good for me. But I tried it. I took it very easy and am proud to say a few months later that my asthma is so much better! Running changed my life. I still have attacks, but they aren't the kind that keep me home for a week or send me to the hospital. I'm very blessed to have discovered this new passion and way back to living.
Okay enough about me! I have a lot of blogs I am crazy about but here are my five that I picked for the award:
- Sarah @ I only run when I'm being chased by zombies and even then.... because she cracks me up and she has a kitten named wheezy! how can i resist?
- Amber @ 1 Life because her attitude is always inspiring
- Drew @ Off the Page because she's my main wheezer and running sympathizer
- Reese's Runner @Running off the Reese's because her blog is too funny and her addiction to junk food is creepily similar to my own. also I stole her stolen mantra "choose your hard"
- Kayla@ Running Through Life because she's a new follower to my blog and she's also dealt with some lung issues.
A lot of other great blogs I read are all ready stylish winners so check out my links page and make sure to check out Karen's blog. Thanks again Karen!!