One of those runners and bloggers was Healthy Ashley. Ashley is the kind of person I always wanted to be. She is a bad-ass runner, strong both physically and in her character, and is an all-around inspiration to me. Recently Ashley was in a really bad biking accident and has been in the hospital struggling to sit up on her own for a few minutes and hobble a few painful steps every day. Despite her intense physical pain and emotional trauma, she's been sharing her experience on her blog and trying to keep a positive attitude to keep working hard so that she can one day be an athlete again and inspire others along the way.
|Ashley after her fall|
|Champ hopes she has a speedy recovery|
Why do I run?
- I run to breathe.
- I run because it makes me feel strong and confident.
- I run because I love me some bling!
- I run because runners are the nicest people on earth and I love being around them.
- I run because it makes me feel like I can do anything.
- I run because "it's kind of fun to do the impossible"(Walt Disney).
- I run because there is no better feeling of accomplishment than crossing a finish line.
- I run because I want to be healthy.
- I run because I like to support local causes through races.
- I run because I can.
Hearing why other people, including Ashley, love running so much is what really made me start. I think it's important to share our own reasons with others so that we can inspire each other, and others who haven't made that first step to run. So leave a comment and tell me,
WHY DO YOU RUN?
PS: If you'd like to help Ashley in her journey please follow her blog, donate here, or dedicate your miles here. She didn't ask me to write any of this, I just feel that it's important to support each other when we need it.